QuickBooks Desktop provides the users with the feature called Auto Data Recovery, which comes handy when there is data loss or corruption. Intuit brought in this feature of data recovery understanding the fact that the information that the users enter in QuickBooks is highly important. Being the accounting software it could be critical when the data gets damaged or corrupted. The users can learn more about this issue by connecting with QuickBooks Customer Support Number. The users can also go through this blog to get a quick understanding of how things work.
The users can use the ADR to recover the lost files using the below-given methods:
- By restoring lost transactions using the current Transaction Log file and a copy of your company file.
- By restoring the last few hours of the transaction with a copy of both your Compay file and your Transaction Log file.
How to recover transactions using original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file?
- The users can recover their lost or corrupt transactions using original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file using the below-given steps:
- The users would have to create a new folder, the desktop with the name QBTest.
- Then you would have to open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Now you would have to look for the .tlg file in your company’s file folder. The file would have the same name as your company file.
- Further, you would have to copy the corresponding .tlg file of your company file and then paste it to the QBTest folder on your desktop.
- Then you would have to open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder. It would be in the same location as your company file.
- Now copy the .QBW.adr file and then paste it to your QBTest folder. You would now have a .QBW.adr and .tlg file on your QBTest folder.
- In the QBTest folder, you would have to right-click the .QBW.adr file and then select the option of Rename.
- Then delete the .adr which is at the end of the file.
- Once you are done with this, open the QuickBooks software.
- Further, open the company file, which is saved on your QBTest folder. You would also have to use your account register to verify all the transactions.
- Then select the file, then Utilities and then the option of Verify Data to analyze the data integrity of the recovered file.
- If this copy of the company file is good, then you can move the damaged company file to a different location and transfer the copy from QBTest to the original location.
If the users come across any issue while following the steps given above, they can promptly connect with QuickBooks Service Number. This service is available throughout the day and is accessible through a toll-free number.